Looking for ICF experience? You just found it.
We have extensive ICF experience and can provide ICF services as a design-build contractor working with the design team, general contractor or subcontractor to meet your needs.
Viewpoint Group’s comprehensive knowledge means we will do the job right, and price it competitively—with your plans or our complete design-build services.
What’s great about ICF?
Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF) are foam blocks or molds with built-in insulation. They interlock to form energy efficient, cast-in-place concrete walls for single-family homes and commercial buildings. Any design can be made with ICFs. Once the walls are formed, reinforcement (such as rebar) is added for strength, and concrete is poured into the blocks to create high-performance walls and foundations that are ready for exterior and interior finishing.
How ICF outperforms traditional building methods:
- Energy efficiency: Homes built with ICF exterior walls use less energy for heating and cooling, resulting in substantial cost savings.
- Comfortable and quiet: ICF walls mean fewer temperature fluctuations, zero drafts, and reduced noise—so you’re more comfortable inside your home.
Ideal for single-family residences, as well as commercial buildings like hotels, churches, theaters, condominiums and apartment buildings.
- Less construction time: Compared to conventional foundation and timber frame methods, ICF construction means fewer steps, faster project completion and often, lower labor costs.
- No extra vapor and air barriers required.
- Foam panels mean no additional insulation required.
- Sound reduction is built in.
- Strength and safety: ICF walls are stronger than conventional framing and have the same structural characteristics of concrete walls. ICF can handle extreme weather, with excellent seismic strength, plus wind and fire resistance.
- Improved indoor air quality: ICF homes contain no volatile organic compounds. They reduce your family’s exposure to outdoor pollutants and allergens. ICF walls are mold and mildew resistant, and contribute to a tighter building envelope.
- Durability: ICF walls won’t rot or decay, and resist termites and other pests.
- Versatility: Any design can be made with ICF, and any type of exterior finish can be used with an ICF system—from wood siding to stucco.
- Improved resale value: When it’s time to sell, these ICF benefits could increase your home’s value.